Coronavirus Hotline: 817-248-6299
Although there is currently no vaccine to prevent COVID-19, the best way to prevent infection is to take the following precautions:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60 percent alcohol.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
For more information, check out Tarrant County Public Health’s Coronavirus Facts.