The COVID-19 pandemic has critically impacted medical practices. To help you make important decisions for your practice, TMA released a Practice Viability Toolkit that provides the most up-to-date information and resources available. The toolkit addresses a number of issues:
- Telemedicine, with information about technology, HIPAA relaxations, prescribing, coding and billing, and policies and procedures;
- Cash flow, including Small Business Administration loan assistance, lines of credit, payment deferrals, loan refinancing, and loans from private banks;
- Payers, coding, and documentation information, including Medicare, Medicaid, and the Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP), commercial plans, workers’ comp, and claims submissions;
- Human resources, including wages and hours, the Families First Coronavirus Response Act, and termination and unemployment benefits; and
- Advocacy, such as mass critical care guidelines, non-urgent, elective surgeries and procedures, the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act (CARES Act), payment parity for telemedicine services, liability protection, and stay-at-home guidance.